It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Here are some foods and drinks that can help you fight anxiety.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. Chamomile tea can calm and relax your mind, and soothe your thoughts. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. The sedative components in the tea brings you to a relaxed frame of mind.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. When consumed in meat form, it has been discovered that tryptophan helps reduce anxiety.
3) Another food that can enhance your mental and psychological well-being is avocado. Avocados help lower blood pressure because of its potassium content. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. Stress and anxiety can be brought to a manageable level with these foods. Leafy greens are a good source of magnesium, an element that plays a crucial role in balancing your brain-adrenal axis.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. What often causes anxiety and stress is a lowering of folic acid in the body.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Eating oysters can increase your intake of zinc, an essential mineral that your brain requires to behave normally. Anxiety disorder is caused by a deficiency in zinc.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.